We're all so busy - work, family, LIFE - it keeps our brain running at all hours of the day. We live in a world that values stress - saying "I sleep 4 hours a night" or "I was working until midnight" is seen as a status symbol, that you're a hustler. The truth is, we're running ourselves into the ground and no one can live a happy and healthy life without proper sleep and rest. (Sleep and rest are different - that's for another post!)
When my mind is churning and I've had late nights, I find the more tired I am, the harder it is for me to sleep. Here are my go-to's for a successful nights sleep:
1. Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement - Can be found at local health food stores. I put this in some water and drink 30 minutes before bedtime. Magnesium deficiency is very common among women.
2. Lavender oil - I place some in our bedside diffuser, a few drops in a bath, or on the bottom of my feet and in the palm of my hands.
3. No screens 30 minutes before bed - This helps our mind shut down, and reduces our blue light exposure which can disrupt sleep.
4. Guided Meditation - Check out the Insight Timer app, or even YouTube! There are may guided meditations out there specifically for sleep. Find one that works for you.
5. Tart Cherry Juice - A small glass helps your body's natural melatonin production.
Try these and report back! Do you have any tried and true sleep remedies?
Click below to purchase my TOP 5 most requested recipes!
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Food Bank of Puerto Rico (Banco de Alimento de PR).
Recipes will be sent within 24 hours of purchase. Thank you for your donation to recovery efforts in Puerto Rico!