We're all so busy - work, family, LIFE - it keeps our brain running at all hours of the day. We live in a world that values stress - saying "I sleep 4 hours a night" or "I was working until midnight" is seen as a status symbol, that you're a hustler. The truth is, we're running ourselves into the ground and no one can live a happy and healthy life without proper sleep and rest. (Sleep and rest are different - that's for another post!)
When my mind is churning and I've had late nights, I find the more tired I am, the harder it is for me to sleep. Here are my go-to's for a successful nights sleep:
1. Natural Calm Magnesium Supplement - Can be found at local health food stores. I put this in some water and drink 30 minutes before bedtime. Magnesium deficiency is very common among women.
2. Lavender oil - I place some in our bedside diffuser, a few drops in a bath, or on the bottom of my feet and in the palm of my hands.
3. No screens 30 minutes before bed - This helps our mind shut down, and reduces our blue light exposure which can disrupt sleep.
4. Guided Meditation - Check out the Insight Timer app, or even YouTube! There are may guided meditations out there specifically for sleep. Find one that works for you.
5. Tart Cherry Juice - A small glass helps your body's natural melatonin production.
Try these and report back! Do you have any tried and true sleep remedies?